CHRIS-BRO INC Banquet Chef/Sous Chef in CEDAR FALLS, Iowa
Job Description: Work alongside the Executive Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with banquet menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review banquet event orders on a daily basis and make note of any changes
- Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff member, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Able to coordinate banquet production and plating with Executive Chef, Sous Chefs, and Banquet Captains.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager with banquet menu development and execution.
- Establishes standard portion sizes and recipe specifications, and ensures food products are properly prepared and portioned.
- Participates in employee evaluations and necessary disciplinary actions.
- Assist with food inventory.
- Places orders for recipe ingredients including meats, fresh fruits and produce, herbs, spices and other supplies.
- Assist with the kitchen schedules as directed by the food and beverage manager.
- Develops our standard cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies and procedures, and ensures staff understanding and compliance.
- Determines and directs food prep and corrects prep shortages.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products to assure a smooth service.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality and presentation of products served.
- Communicates openly with service staff.
- Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staff and provide coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Able to understanding employees positions well enough and to perform duties in employees absence.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, fryers, pasta cookers, saut burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
- Personally, demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding promptly to guests needs with an interest and concern in satisfying every guest.
- Assist in training all new-hires.
- Empowers staff to deliver great guest service by encouraging responsiveness to guests needs.
- Meets or exceeds hotel guest satisfaction measures.
Human Resource Management
- Assist FandB Manager with personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely way.
- Ensures food service staff knows responsibilities and manage against those responsibilities.
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/reward programs to maintain a skilled, qualified workforce.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Emphasizes training and development as a way of doing business to empower employees to provide excellent guest service. Ensure that all employees complete both food and alcohol related training.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling ongoing cleaning activities for the food service area.
Safety and Security
- Understands and implements Right to Know la s which apply to kitchen supplies and chemicals.
- Recognizes and corrects conditions which may create security, fire, or accident hazards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made so qualified individuals with disabilities can perform the essential duties of the position.