UnityPoint Health RN-Cardiac Cath Lab in Dubuque, Iowa
Work hours will be Monday - Friday, 6:45 am - 4:15 pm, for 72 hours per pay period, and as needed. You will be required to flex to other departments as needed. This position does have call 50% of the month. Call is for week nights and weekends. When you are on call, you need to be back to the unit within 30 minutes.
Promotes and restores patients’ cardiovascular health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and the multidisciplinary team while providing physical and psychological support in a holistic manner to patients and their families. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses. Performs various roles in the Cardiology Service Line and Catheterization Lab settings safely and sufficiently including but not limited to; Primary Circulating, Secondary Circulating and Monitoring.
Direct Patient Care
• Maintains knowledge of effectively caring for a patient under moderate conscious sedation.
• Possesses/exhibits strong EKG rhythm interpretation skills.
• Provides leadership in emergent situations.
• Establishes a climate of mutual respect and trust with patients and families.
• Maintains an assertive yet supportive manner when functioning with physicians in the procedural setting.
• Follows departmental and hospital infection control policies.
• Documents patient status and care given while the patient is in the Cardiovascular and Radiology Departments.
• Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner.
Patient Education and Support
• Provides pre-, intra- and/or post-procedure education for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
• Instructs patients and/or families regarding examination, procedure, treatment, discharge and outcomes and allows time for questions.
• Utilizes visual/teaching aids as needed.
• Provides teach-back/return demonstrations when appropriate.
• Encourages family participation.
• Verbalizes where to find interpreter services.
Safety and Equipment Knowledge
• Understands and adheres to all safety practices (ALARA) while performing duties to minimize any risk of injury and/or exposure to unnecessary ionizing radiation.
• Maintains knowledge of patient equipment and therapeutic modalities utilized in the Catheterization Lab.
• Conducts and participates in procedural Time Outs and proper patient identification.
• Assesses the need for additional safety measures.
• Performs and provides nursing support in various roles within the Cardiology Service Line to include but not limited to the Cath Lab and Radiology Departments.
• Makes independent decisions based on the knowledge of departmental functions, policies and procedures.
• Promotes the development, preparation, implementation and attainment of departmental goals, policies and projects.
• Communicates with the department supervisors as necessary when problems or unusual circumstances arise and documents as necessary.
• Provides on-call emergency coverage (as defined by departmental policy) for Cardiovascular procedures.
Qualified candidates must have an active Iowa RN license issued by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Must have a BSN or willing to obtain a BSN within 5 years of your hire date at Finley. Preferably, candidates should have at least one year of critical care experience, but not required.
Requisition ID: 2021-96777
Street: 350 N Grandview Ave
Name: 2020 UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital
Name: Cardiac Cath Lab
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .90
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:45 am - 4:15 pm, for 72 hours per pay period. This position does have call 50% of the month.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org