Queen's Health Systems Facilities Engineer in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors the activities and projects in assigned area.
• Ensures that engineering systems are in compliance with regulatory requirements and The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC) policies and procedures.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, walking, climbing stairs, seeing, hearing, speaking, walking on uneven ground, squatting, finger dexterity, and repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Occasional: Crawling, twisting body, lifting maximum amount of 50 lbs, pushing/pulling usual weight of 25 lbs, pushing/pulling maximum up to 50 pounds of force, carrying maximum weight of 50 lbs, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exposed to both inside and outside environment.
• Frequently works near large air handling and motor driven equipment, mechanical and electrical systems, including high voltage distribution systems.
• Frequent climbing of ladders on low level scaffolding.
• Some exposure to solvents and welding operations.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; or four (4) years work experience in facilities, maintenance or engineering, preferably in a comparable medical facility, may be substituted for education requirement.
• In addition to the educational requirement, five (5) years work experience in facilities maintenance and engineering.
• Two (2) years leadership/supervisory experience.
• Experience to demonstrate:
o Knowledge of capital planning, design-bid-build and construction progress reports.
o Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; Access desirable) and Adobe Acrobat software programs.
o Ability to read maps, blueprints, schematics and floor plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs